Bhimashankar via Ladder Route & Descend via “Ganesh Ghat”
Gazing at Bhimashankar’s walls is the most compelling reason to visit Bhimashankar.
Sunday, 03rd Sep
About Bhimashankar Trek
Bhimashanakr is an ancient shrine situated in the Sahyadri Hills in the secret of Maharashtra. It is one of the well-known Jyotirlinga, amongst the twelve Jyotirlingas all over India.
In recent times it has gained tremendous significance since it was declared as “WILD LIFE SANCTUARY”. It is also becoming one of the attractive and well known religious places in Maharashtra as well as in India.
During the monsoons, this rock face is covered with lush green vegetation and is home to numerous thundering waterfalls. The best place to view these majestic walls and waterfalls lies along a trekking trail that connects Bhimashankar to the sleepy hamlet of Khandas.
There are two established trekking trails between Khandas and Bhimashankar. The first of these trails is called “Shidhi Ghat”. This route is named after the three ladders or Shidhi (in Marathi) that have been placed along some tricky sections on this trail. The second trail is known as “Ganesh Ghat”, named after a temple dedicated to the Hindu deity Ganesha which falls on this route. Among the two alternative trekking trails, Ganesh Ghat is a longer yet less challenging route. However, what this trail lacks in difficulty, it makes up for some magnificent views of Bhimashankar’s walls.
Place & TimeSaturday, 02nd Sep
Time: 11:30 PM Sharp
Place: “Lokmangal” Bank of Maharashtra Head Office, Shivajinagar, Pune
Sunday, 03rd Sep
Time: 10:00 PM
Place: Shivajinagar, Pune
Difficulty / Endurance
Moderate / Medium
11:30 pm: report to team SG-Trekkers.
Departure towards base village; late comers have to join us on the way or directly at the base starting point of the trek at own arrangements. No arguments will be entertained for the same.
04:00 am: Reach at khandas & rest for some time.
05:00 am: Getting up &.ready for the trek.
05:30 am: Have a breakfast.
06:00 am: Start trek after briefing & introduction session.
11:00 am: Reach Bhima Shankar via shidi ghat.
12:00 pm: Have a lunch.
01:30 pm: Start to descend to the base village via Ganesh ghat.
05:00 pm: Reach khandas village & start return journey.
10:00 pm: Reach Shivajinagar, Pune
(arrival timing may vary by 1 hr before or after.)
TREK FEES: Rs. 900/- PP.
• Private Transport: Non AC Bus.
• Breakfast & Lunch
• Trekking & Guidance Charges
• Extra beverages and mineral water during the trek.
• Any other personal expenses during trek.
• Insurance Coverage.
• Medical expenses other than “First aid”.
• Any other charges not mentioned in “Fees Include“.
Things to Carry
○ A good quality Rucksack suitable for one day trek with all inside luggage packed in polythene bag.
○ Keep Separate Plastic carry bags for Mobile, Wallet, etc. to save it from Rain.
○ Minimum 3-4 Ltr Water.
○ Carry some ready to eat food (Snacks).
○ Carry some nutrition foods like Dry Fruits, Fresh Fruits, Cookies & Chocolates, etc.
○ Energy Drink like Electrolyte Powder, ORS, etc.
○ Sports / Trekking shoes in good condition.
○ One extra Slipper or Chappal to use after trek.
○ Flexible Full sleeves T-Shirt / Shirt & Track pants. (Half pant not allowed.)
○ Cap / Rain Jackets / Warm ware as per seasons.
○ Napkin / Towel.
• Personal Medicines, if any.
• Camera, Binoculars, etc (Optional) NOTE:
• Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as SG Trekkers Team won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
• Any type of addictions like tobacco, Liquor, etc. is strictly not allowed.
• This is just a reminder list of what to Bring. You can bring other things as per the Need.
Trek Fees₹ 900/- PP
Limited SeatsOn First Come First Basis.
Hurry Up !
• All payments to be made in advance. Cash transfer will not be entertained.