Difficulty / Endurance
Easy / Low
Base: Tikona Peth
Duration: 1 Day
Avg. time for trek: 03 Hrs
Height: 1173 m
The 3500 ft high hill is pyramidal in shape and the name Tikona means “triangle”.
The fort is a trekking destination noted for the large doors, the temple of ‘Trimbakeshwar Mahadev’, a water tank and some Satvahan caves.
With its massive built and tactical location, Tikona held great importance for Marathas and Mughals alike. It witnessed number of fights between the two empires that tussled to bring it under their reign.
Currently, the fort is being preserved and maintained by a local organization called the ‘Shivdurg Sanvardhan’. They have also laid out cables at the stone-cut stairs for support to climbers.
TREK COST: Rs. 700/- Pp.
• Private Transport: Pune to Pune by Non AC Bus
• Breakfast & Lunch
• Trekking & Guidance Charges
• Extra beverages and mineral water during the trek.
• Any other personal expenses during trek.
• Insurance Coverage.
• Medical expenses other than “First aid”.
• Any other charges not mentioned in “Fees Include“.
Things to Carry
› A good quality Rucksack suitable for one day trek with all inside luggage packed in polythene bag.
› Keep Separate Plastic carry bags for Mobile, Wallet, etc. to save it from Rain.
› Minimum 3-4 Ltr Water.
› Carry some ready to eat food (Snacks).
› Carry some nutrition foods like Dry Fruits, Fresh Fruits, Cookies & Chocolates, etc.
› Energy Drink like Electrolyte Powder, ORS, etc.
› Sports / Trekking shoes in good condition.
› One extra Slipper or Chappal to use after trek.
› Flexible Full sleeves T-Shirt / Shirt & Track pants. (Half pant not allowed.)
› Cap / Rain Jackets / Warm ware as per seasons.
› Napkin / Towel.
• Personal Medicines, if any.
• Camera, Binoculars, etc (Optional) NOTE:
• Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as SG Trekkers Team won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
• Any type of addictions like tobacco, Liquor, etc. is strictly not allowed.
• This is just a reminder list of what to Bring. You can bring other things as per the Need.