Almost every group of people have some unwritten rules to help govern their activity and make things more pleasant for all those participating.
Hikers are no different. Following a few unwritten rules can help make your hike and the hike for others more pleasant.
Among some commonly observed practices are:
• Hike quietly. Speak in low voices and turn your cell phone down, if not off. Enjoy the sounds of nature and let others do the same.
• If taking a break, move off the trail a ways to allow others to pass by unobstructed.
• Don’t toss your trash – not even biodegradable items such as banana peels. It is not good for animals to eat non-native foods and who wants to look at your old banana peel while it ever-so-slowly decomposes? If you packed it in, pack it back out.
• Hikers going downhill yield to those hiking uphill.
• Leave what you find. The only souvenirs a hiker should come home with are photographs and happy memories. (And maybe an improved fitness level!)
• When relieving yourself outdoors, be sure to do so 200 feet away from the trail and any water sources. Follow Leave No Trace principles.
• If hiking in a group, don’t take up the whole width of the trail; allow others to pass.
• Smoking, Alcohol, Drugs, Narcotics and any kind of intoxication, firearms, and gambling strictly prohibited.
• The leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members.
• No Arguments will be entertained.
• Hiking / Trekking / Rock climbing is an adventurous activity and accidents can happen in spite of taking utmost caution and care.
It’s important to be fit before going for Treks. It is Important to have a medical fitness checkup done. If suffering from any allergy or ailment, please bring prescribed medicines to prevent serious health problem including heatstroke, severe headache, cough, dehydration, and hypothermia. Participants suffering from chronic conditions like asthma, bronchitis, blood pressure, migraine, diabetes etc. should take permission from their physicians before treks.
The club will not be responsible for injury/accident to the participant while on the trek.
This is a demo store for testing purposes — no orders shall be fulfilled. Dismiss